John Obi Mikel has terminated his contract with Chinese Super League club, Tianjin Teda, almost a year before the end of his current deal.
The Super Eagles Captain did not travel with Tianjin Teda for a pre-season training camp in Spain, as he is negotiating with the club to break his contract.
“I broke the contract with the club, which means I will leave Teda. As for my next stop, I am not sure yet, maybe I will return to Europe, maybe stay in China.
“Anyway, I would like to wish the TEDA team good luck next season.”
The central midfielder cum defender played his last game for Tianjin Teda in October 2018 helping the side to a 4-2 win over Shanghai Shenhua.
All through his stay in China, Mikel featured in 31 Super League matches, scoring 3 goals and had 3 assists.
Turkish SuperLig side Fenerbahce are said to be heavily interested in the midfielder.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected