Ousmane Dembele’s first season at Barcelona has been a tough one, and speculation has been linking him with a move to Liverpool this summer.
According to the BBC Sport, the 20-year-old arrived from Borussia Dortmund in a deal that could reach £135.5m in total, and so expectations and pressure are high for the youngster.
However, injuries and poor form have been a real problem for him, as he’s been restricted to just 20 appearances for the Catalan giants this season, scoring two goals and providing eight assists.
Whether or not the La Liga champions decide on showing patience and giving him another season next year remains to be seen, but Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp has lightheartedly responded to speculation linking the Reds with a summer swoop.
“Is he on the market? Now I’m interested,” the German tactician said when asked by a reporter over whether or not Liverpool were pushing ahead with a deal.
Clearly, it took Klopp by surprise and so that would suggest that he’s either remaining very modest on the matter or indeed has no idea that Liverpool is looking to sign Dembele or Lyon’s Nabil Fekir who was also expressly mentioned.
Perhaps, adding a player like Dembele who would be well suited to the style of play at Anfield, could be a sensible signing for both parties.
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender