Kaizer Chiefs have announced that right-back Ramahlwe Mphahlele has not travelled with the team to Zanzibar owing to a knee injury he sustained over the weekend.
Amakhosi are in Zanzibar for their CAF Confederation Cup second leg preliminary round clash against Zimamoto at Amaan Stadium tonight, just a few days after they were crushed 2-1 by Golden Arrows in the ABSA Premiership on Saturday.
Mphahlele is out for the clash tonight, but Italian mentor Giovanni Solinas is hopeful the injury will not keep him out for long, as he is one of Amakhosi’s key players in defence.
“We just hope that his injury is not severe,” Solinas told Kaizer Chiefs’ website.
Chiefs may have cruised to victory in the first leg clash, but Solinas does not think it will be the same again when they are playing away from home.
If Chiefs go through to the next round, they will meet either ASSM Elgeco Plus of Madagascar or Deportivo Unidad from Equatorial Guinea.
Solinas believes they can go all the way in the competition, so he is expected to put out a strong side to face Zimamoto.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On