The Super Eagles of Nigeria will lock horns with Argentina, Croatia, and Iceland in the group stages of this summer’s tournament in Russia.
The Nigerian forward is keen to have the “memory” of playing against the Barcelona forward, but the Leicester City attacker is hopeful that his nation will “get something” from the clash.
“I’ve had the opportunity to train with him when I was at the [Manchester] City Academy and he is something else.
“I hope we get something against them and he’s going to play, so it’s going to be something good, a memory to play against Messi. He’s one of my idols so I look up to him.
“He’s so many people’s idol in the world so he’s a player you like to play with, to learn something, of course, so I will be happy to play against him. Of course, after 90 minutes, we’ll see what happens and hopefully, we’ll get something,” Iheanacho told LCFC TV.
The Eagles will open their 2018 World Cup tournament against Croatia on June 16, and will also take on Iceland before finishing their group campaign against Argentina on June 26.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed