Kelechi Iheanacho has urged manager Gernot Rohr to play a 3-5-2 formation when they meet with Argentina in their crucial final World Cup match on Tuesday.
The Leicester City striker was one of the players used when Rohr deployed the 3-5-2 formation that worked so well in the second half of the 2-1 loss to England three weeks ago, as he was named in the starting lineup for yesterday’s match against Iceland.
”It was a good result for us, we changed the formation and it wasn’t good in the first half but we came back strong in the second half,” Iheanacho told reporters in the mixed zone.
”They say the voice of people is the voice of God, but I think the coach has a big part to play, so he has to make the final decision at the end, so any formation that he comes out with, this formation is giving us what we want.”
In contrast to their opening match against Croatia, the Super Eagles were a lot better dealing with set-pieces against Iceland.
”We really worked a lot on set-pieces before coming to this game. African teams, they say we are not good at set-pieces, but we are working on set-pieces so we can be strong to fight against (teams) in set-pieces, corner kicks, and free-kicks.”
Nigeria avoided an early flight home after defeating Iceland 2-0, with Ahmed Musa scoring a brace, and are now favorites to progress to the knock out on Tuesday, June 26.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed