Salah was left out of the side that played against Porto & got progression into the quarter-finals of the Champions League on Tuesday night.
An all nil draw was enough for a rotated Liverpool team to comfortably seal a 5-0 aggregate victory, though Salah was introduced with 15 minutes remaining.
Klopp later disclosed the condition on which a day off from training depended.
“It is normal [to want to rotate]. Everyone thinks about injuries but that can happen all the time,” Klopp said – quoted by Metro. “Now we thought we give him [Salah], if possible, the last 20. If it is 15 he trains again tomorrow. I told him if he really runs a lot he does not have to train tomorrow so I thought he was quite lively.”
Salah has scored thirty-two goals in 39 appearances so far this season & Klopp is evidently unenthusiastic to overexert him before Saturday’s game.
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash