Kylian Mbappe scored his first World Cup goal against Peru as they won by 1-0 and that was all France needed to get into the next round from Group C.
The striker slotted home from a deflected Olivier Giroud cross in the 34th minute and emerged France’s youngest ever goalscorer at a major tournament thereby overtaking David Trezeguet’s previous record when France played against Saudi Arabia in 1998.
Peru impressed again with their attacking play in Yekaterinburg particularly in the second half but once again were not able to find the back of the net and will have to exit the 2018 World Cup at the group stages after they play their final game against Australia next week.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight