Zenit St-Petersberg midfielder Leandro Paredes has reportedly agreed a deal to join Chelsea.
The Blues are on the hunt for a replacement for Cesc Fabregas, who moved to Monaco for £10million on Friday.
The midfielder had been high on Chelsea’s potential candidates to replace Fabregas.
Gazzetta dello Sport journalist Nicolo Schira has now claimed Paredes has agreed a five-year contract worth £77k per week.
“Chelsea wants to close Leandro Paredes from Zenit,” Schira tweeted.
“He wants to leave from Russia: agreement to sign a contract until 2023.”
Paredes had dropped a major tip-off himself that he was making the move to Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
He retweeted a tweet to his 141,000 Twitter followers that included a ‘welcome to Chelsea video‘.
Chelsea thump Newcastle 2-1 on Saturday though struggled in midfield with Jorginho failing to impress.
Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri confirmed he needs another midfielder following Fabregas’s exit but has admitted he’s unconvinced whether he will get one.
Chelsea will be looking to secure a deal ahead of Saturday’s trip to Arsenal.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected