Leon Balogun has completed signing with Brighton and Hove Albion on a free transfer, Goal.com reports.
Balogun joins the Falmer Stadium outfit on a two-year deal after departing Mainz 05 at the end of the season.
The Super Eagles center-back will join Cameroon’s Gaetan Bong in the Brighton’s books for the 2018-19 season.
And manager Chris Hughton has expressed enthusiasm with the options and experience the defender brings to his team.
“I am delighted to welcome Leon to the club. He will add more depth to our defensive options, and I am pleased to get our first piece of business done so early in the summer.
“He is in the peak years of his career and I am sure he will integrate well into the squad.
“He also has valuable experience, having played in the Bundesliga, the Europa League and at international level,” Hughton told club website.
The German-born defender began his career at Hannover 96 turning out for Werder Bremen, Fortuna Düsseldorf, Darmstadt 98 and Mainz 05.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On