Leon Balogun’s first choice spot as a central defender for the Super Eagles is no longer guaranteed unless he starts getting games at English Premier League side Brighton, the Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr has said.
The Nigerian has found it hard to dislodge the first choice pairing of Shane Duffy and Lewis Dunk since his move on a free transfer from German side Mainz O5 in the summer.
Balogun has played just two matches this season which according to Rohr isn’t good enough for a player who is already 30 years old as it will no doubt, affect his fitness and physical shape.
Rohr said that unless he starts playing or switch clubs in January to where he can get game time, it will be tough for him to maintain his central defence pairing with William Troost-Ekong in the Eagles.
“We insist all the time on our players playing regularly because it’s the same for other players. We tell them sometimes that it’s better to play in a smaller club than to go to a big club in the Premier League and you don’t play. It’s difficult, but we have discussed this in our conversation especially with Balogun,” Rohr said.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On