Lionel Messi has been named the league’s best player of the 2017-18 campaign by Marca at an awards ceremony in Barcelona on Monday.
The 31-year-old returned from injury to score twice as Barcelona were beaten 4-3 at home to Real Betis on Sunday.
Real Madrid are sixth with 20 points and just eight points separate Barca and 12th-placed Betis.
Messi made his return to action against Betis following a three-week layoff due to a broken bone in his arm.
Messi also picked up the Pichichi Trophy at the ceremony, an award reserved for the top scorer in La Liga each year.
Atletico goalkeeper Jan Oblak was also honoured at the awards as the best goalkeeper in La Liga last season, while there were also prizes for Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas and Valencia manager Marcelino.
Aspas was the top scoring Spanish player in the league and Valencia boss Marcelino was named as the division’s best coach.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected