Barca had the chance to go the season unbeaten, a feat the side have never managed in their history.
Barcelona suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Levante at Estadi Ciutat de Valencia – who beat the Catalan club 5-4 in a thrilling penultimate match of the season.
The Spanish giants were unable to call on the services of Lionel Messi, who was not in the squad for the game.
And despite a Philippe Coutinho hat-trick and Luis Suarez penalty, the Granotas held on to claim a celebrated victory to deny Barcelona making history.
Don Balon has disclosed the full extent of Messi’s rage, saying he had lost all confidence in certain members of the squad namely Ousmane Dembele, Nelson Semedo and Yerry Mina.
He said the players did not perform as expected in a Blaugrana shirt, and according to the same report in Spain, Messi does not want them at the club.
The trio are all quite new signings, with Dembele and Semedo arriving in the summer whilst Colombian Mina joined in January.
Barca will be playing Real Sociedad in the final game of the Spanish domestic season, with neither club having nothing to lose.
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender