As Argentina Beat Italy last night, Lionel Messi is said to have been struggling with a hamstring injury for some time. The current injury isn’t new with the Barcelona and Argentina star.
The superstar was not part of the team when Argentina Beat Italy to a 2-0 victory on Friday night because of the injury. There is hope, however, he will be available for the clash against Spain on Tuesday.
Ever Banega and Manuel Lanzini both scored in the final 15 minutes as Argentina prepare for the Russia 2018 World Cup.
“I have been suffering from this hamstring injury for some time.
“I always want to play, but the road to the World Cup is still long. We decided to wait for this game [against Italy] to rest but I’m optimistic about playing against Spain, “ Messi told TyC Sports before the game.
Messi has 25 La Liga goals this season with Barcelona 11 points clear from Atletico Madrid at the top.
The Argentinian was also key in the Barcelona Vs Chelsea game where they knocked Chelsea out to progress to the Champions League quarter-finals.
Messi netted 3 across the 2 legs and assisted the other as Barca were 4-1 victors over Antonio Conte’s men.
Barcelona will be playing against Roma in the last 8 as they hope to lift the Champions League for the first time since 2015.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed