I laugh in ‘Spanish’ as I write this post? Just keep reading, you’d soon know why. Right now Alberto Moreno should be hiding his face from anything called social media in the wake of his performance for Liverpool in their 2-1 FA Cup defeat to Wolves on Monday night.
Jurgen Klopp made nine changes to the Liverpool side that lost to Man City four days earlier, but most of the second string flunked their audition for more regular first-team football.
Moreno, the deputy to established left-back Andrew Robertson, has complained to the Spanish media about losing his starting place over the last year.
But you would have to search far and wide for a sympathetic Liverpool fan after his bad performance against Nuno Espirito Santo’s brave side.
Moreno was by no means the only player in red to be miles off the pace – Daniel Sturridge was most likely even worse – as most of the senior treated the game with something approaching disdain.
Few would be too bothered if the left-back never plays for Liverpool again, judging by several of the outbursts on Twitter following the game.
GoalBall rounded up some of the best tweets for you. See them below:
Shearer eloquently summing up my feelings on Sturridge & Origi. Would add Moreno to that. Disgrace to the shirt.
— Simon Channon (@Jawida76) January 7, 2019
Moreno is complete toilet #lfc
— Alex (@jersey_viking) January 7, 2019
My God how bad is Moreno
Shocking player should never wear the jersey again.
— Colie Ward (@colie_ward) January 7, 2019
Sturridge Keita Origi Moreno Mignolet all horrific, absolutely embarrassing.
— Jake Rigby (@jakerigby29) January 7, 2019
Sturridge, Origi, MORENO horrific, Keita and Shaqiri garbage tonight. Well done kids esp one special 16 yr old.
— SS (@SteveSinghR) January 7, 2019
Lol Moreno isn’t the worst footballer I’ve ever seen, but by God is he ever the most one-footed I’ve ever set eyes on.
— Gary LFC (@GaryMcK1980) January 7, 2019
If klopp honestly let’s this league slip, he’s the worst manager ever, moreno should never play again
— IG: GstarrYaKnow (@GstarrDaVinci) January 7, 2019
Moreno must actually never ever put on a Liverpool kit again. He is absolutely consistently https://t.co/rcUQVtivy6‘s actually disgusting..
— Thabiso Hermanus (@THGOAT) January 7, 2019
Disgusting performance and thankfully that could be the last we see of Moreno, Origi, Mignolet.
— Coleman (@ColemanA87) January 7, 2019
Sturridge is finished! Milner is getting old, Moreno is a criminal, keita is a fraud, Curtis Jones must learn fast, Camacho is a defensive joke and mignolet should retire! Klopp is too naive and same time too loyal and stubborn at same time.
— Japhet (@papilondon550) January 7, 2019
Moreno especially biggest fraud about
— Dewi ???????? (@DewiReid) January 7, 2019
What happened to Moreno? We were so excited when he first joined and now everyone says he’s our worst EVER Left-Back
— ShaqAttack (@AttackOfTheShaq) January 7, 2019
- Undercover Journalist Who Exposed Salisu Yusuf Bribery Scandal Murdered In Ghana
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash