Last night saw Liverpool losing their first league game of the season at the home of defending champions Manchester City by a 2-1 margin.
Sergio Aguero and Leroy Sane scored the goals for the home side, while Roberto Firmino equalised in the second half for the visitors.
However, Liverpool had the best chance of the game in the first half when Sadio Mane hit the post, and the clearance from John Stones hit Ederson and almost went in.
The goal-line technology says it was 11mm away from going in. Fine margins in a game of such high stakes.
As a result of this game, the gap at the top of the table is trimmed to four points, with the Reds still in the ascendancy. City now have more control though.
See how Liverpool fans reacted to this result:
Lovern is shocking, City was the better team tonight and deserved the win. One of the worst performances of the season tonight.
— – (@lfcmosalah11) January 3, 2019
Bad result but 4 points ahead of City, 6 ahead of Spurs.
Most of the season’s toughest games behind us.
Would have snatched your hand off for that in August.#YNWA@BalMann15@paulfenwick @NoLookBobby9 @Kevslfc@Kev_1972 @Patpool17 @Cheqraise1@SharoniePoni @kittyfisherxo
— JR (@BonesDeForest) January 3, 2019
Fabinho is a holding mid but does provide an outlet for attack. It’s not like he would have exposed the defense. Rest it was individual errors that lost us the match.
— Firmtastic (@europhic) January 3, 2019
Fabinho and Shaq should’ve played from the start! We need a solid defender as wel to go with Virgil with Gomez injured. Lovren not good enough. Team didn’t play with enough desire and fight tonight!
— HayzJade (@HayzJade) January 3, 2019
Sell Lovren. Pass it on
— Daniel Marchione (@dmarchi91) January 3, 2019
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected