Liverpool are readying a summer swoop to sign James Forrest and could land the 27-Year-Old for just £8m at the end of the season, according to the Scottish Sun.
The Celtic attacker has been with boyhood club Celtic for the whole career as he joined their youth system as a child and progressed through the ranks before breaking into the first team in 2010.
Forrest is also a starter in the Scotland squad with 5 goals in his 26 caps and it appears his impressive performances for club and country have caught the eyes of Liverpool chiefs.
According to the Scottish Sun, Jurgen Klopp has been tracking Forrest for quite a few months and while the Liverpool boss isn’t looking to make any serious additions to his squad this winter, the Merseysiders are plotting a summer swoop for the attacker.
Forrest’s contract with Celtic runs until 2022 but the newspaper claims that Liverpool may well get a deal agreed with the Scottish champions for just £8m – which is a relative bargain for an international attacker in today’s market.
Klopp has one of the most dangerous frontlines you can think of in world football with Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino all practically guaranteed their places in the Liverpool eleven while Xherdan Shaqiri has proven to be a superb signing since arriving from Stoke.
So it would be very difficult for Forrest to break into their side and get a regular shirt, however, Klopp knows he needs a large squad if Liverpool are to compete in four competitions next season.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected