Liverpool are in talks with Adidas to seal a record Premier League kit deal, with club officials looking to eclipse Manchester United’s £75million-a-year agreement with the American kit company.
The Anfield club’s present kit deal with New Balance expires at the end of the 2019-20 season and reports have it that talks to extend the existing deal under improved terms have already begun.
Liverpool’s present deal is worth £45m-a-year – but while the club and American kit company consider the agreement a huge success – it is understood New Balance will have to increase their sponsorship bid by at least £30m a year for it to continue.
Owners Fenway have overseen immense progress at the club since signing a kit deal with Warrior at the beginning of the 2012-13 season – before the sponsorship switched to parent company New Balance ahead of the 2015-16 season.
Since the New Balance deal was brokered, Liverpool have appointed Jurgen Klopp, who has built an extremely talented squad and overseen a thrilling brand of football.
SEE THE BIGGEST PREMIER LEAGUE KIT DEALS
- Manchester United – £75m
- Chelsea – £60m
- Liverpool – £45m
- Manchester City – £41m
- Arsenal – £30m
- Tottenham – £30m
Liverpool were also listed in the world’s top five strongest football brands in The Football 50 table, conducted by Brand Finance during the summer.
Arsenal start a five-year deal with Adidas worth £300m in the summer, while Chelsea signed a 15-year deal with Nike in 2016 worth £900m. Manchester City have signed a £50m a year deal with Puma starting next season.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected