Liverpool under-18s underwent yet more red card frustration against Man United as they were denied victory by a late equaliser.
United forward Anthony Elanga levelled in the 88th-minute to secure a 1-1 draw just moments after Bernard was himself dismissed.
Lewtas’ side started the strongest in blustery conditions, with Fidel O’Rourke causing United constant problems.
Liverpool goalkeeper Ben Williams made two good saves after the break before the visitors’ cause was hampered when Brookwell was dismissed after two bookable offences.
Remarkably, the last seven games at U18 level between Liverpool and United have seen at least one red card, with the Reds having had a player dismissed in six of them.
Bernard became the latest United sending-off in the closing moments, but the hosts drew level two minutes from time when Elanaga played a one-two before finishing well beyond Williams.
Liverpool U18s are next in action in the FA Youth Cup on Wednesday when they take on Wigan Athletic at Chester.
LIVERPOOL U18s: B Williams, Walls, Savage, Brookwell, Boyes, Clarkson, Dixon-Bonner (Bearne 81), Cain, Glatzel, O’Rourke (Raitanen 68), Longstaff (Ritaccio 76). Subs: Jaros, Turner.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On