Champions League runners-up Liverpool have picked interest in signing Moses Daddy-Ajala Simon which means the Nigerian international may now – if these reports are to be believed – find himself playing in the Premier League.
Simon has impressed in his time in Belgium, scoring six times this season his side as they finished fourth. He’s rated at around the £10M mark and has just a year remaining on his contract.
The 22-year-old has made 20 senior caps for Nigeria, scoring four times, but a hip injury means he’ll miss out on his national side’s World Cup tilt in Russia this summer.
Simon wished his teammates well in a statement:
“I will definitely be back soon, stronger and better,” said Simon. “To the Super Eagles, I wish you all the best of luck in Russia – go and make us proud.”
The Gent winger started his career in Nigeria, with the GBS academy, before getting a trial with Ajax which would ultimately prove unsuccessful. A move to Slovakia and AS Trenčín followed.
Simon’s performances there earned him a move to KAA Gent, where he was part of the club’s first ever title-winning side in 2015.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed