According to reports, Liverpool are eager to sign Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblak but will have to bring out €100million to meet his buyout clause.
The Reds boss has supported Loris Karius as the club’s current number one but Jurgen Klopp is said to be getting set to bring in a new goalkeeper ahead of next season as he looks to close the gap on Manchester City.
Liverpool had long been linked with Roma’s Alisson but their chase for the Brazilian stopper is ended while Stoke City’s Jack Butland has also been tlinked with a move to Anfield.
Spanish publication AS reports that Oblak is another goalkeeperr on the club’s radar, and that Liverpool, PSG, Arsenal and Juventus are all interested in acquiring the 25-year-old’s services.
Sky Sports pundit Ian Wright has in the past urged the Reds to sign Oblak. He said they should look to land him if they hope to challenge City for the Premier League title.
“I think if Liverpool are definitely going to challenge City, that’s the position [they need to strengthen].
“I would get that keeper, Oblak-kind of like stature.
“That top keeper that can win you games with saves,” Wright told Sky Sports.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed