The lowest paid coach in the 2018 World Cup in Russia is the coach of Senegal Aliou Cissé.
The Senegal coach, who earns €200,000, was the only black coach at this summer’s World Cup.
Aliou Cissé was born 24 March 1976. In early March 2015, Cissé was officially made head coach for the Senegal national team. The team qualified for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in November 2017, with a 0–2 away win against South Africa.
Ultimately, Senegal were eliminated in the group stage of this summer’s tournament after becoming the first team in FIFA World Cup history to be knocked out due to fair play tiebreaker rules.
“This is one of the rules. We have to respect it,” said Cissé.
“Of course, we would prefer to be eliminated another way. It’s a sad day for us but we knew these were the regulations.”
He is somebody who likes to do things properly with his well known no-nonsense approach to a football match.
Cissé captained Senegal to reach the quarter-final of the Korea/Japan 2002 World Cup. They defeated reigning champions France in their first match and went as far as the quarter-finals which is so far the best that an African team has ever reached. Ghana did same in the 2010 World Cup.
His inability to win a silverware as a player with the Senegalese squad has soured him to become a coach with an in-depth philosophy.
Cissé lost many of his family members in the MV Le Joola ferry disaster that took place off the coast of The Gambia on 26 September 2002. To honour the lives lost, Cissé took part in a charity game between Senegal and the Super Eagles that raised money for the families of the over 1,000 reported victims.
One of his former clubs Birmingham City F.C., collected money for the victims’ families and honoured Cissé by displaying a huge Senegal flag during a match against Man City.
Some have argued that the Senegal Coach is the Lowest paid coach in 2018 FIFA World Cup simply because he is African.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed