Manchester City sporting director, Ferran Soriano has said that there is “no chance” of the club signing Barcelona star Lionel Messi.
The rumours of the Argentina international being signed intensified when Pep Guardiola became manager.
However, even though City have the financial muscle behind them, Soriano has told fans that signing Messi is not going to happen.
Goal.com quotes the sporting director as saying: “There is no chance of signing Messi. I know him and his family well and I know they are fine in Barcelona, which is where he needs to be.
“We will make our way without him, which will be more difficult because he is the best player in the history of football. He changed everything, he is a genius.”
Meanwhile, City are very close to lifting the Premier League title as they require just 2 more wins to achieve this.
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash