Manchester United are putting up a £40m bid for Real Madrid centre-back Raphael Varane.
United are going to be in the market for a new central defender this summer because of the improbability surrounding the futures of Phil Jones as well as Chris Smalling at Old Trafford.
The Red Devils boss Jose Mourinho has identified Varane as the perfect player to boost up his backline this summer, and United are damn ready to pay £40m to complete a deal, The Mirror reports.
Mourinho has in the past spoken of his admiration for the 24-year-old, who was linked with a move to United before joining Real Madrid from French club Lens in the summer of 2011.
The France international has over 200 appearances for Los Blancos in all competitions – winning 2 La Liga titles as well as 3 Champions Leagues in the process.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On