Manchester United are considering moves for three Serie A defenders this summer.
Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly still is United’s No.1 defensive target with the club having a long-standing interest.
The Manchester Evening News claims United are continuing to monitor two other defenders who continue to ply their trade in Italy.
Inter Milan’s Milan Skriniar is another player who has been on United’s radar for some time – while the Red Devils are also tracking Joachim Andersen of Sampdoria.
A central defender remains a priority after failed moves for a number of targets before this season.
Toby Alderweireld, Harry Maguire and Diego Godin were all identified by Jose Mourinho but United failed to strengthen their options.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admitted recently that he had some involvement in identifying and running the rule over potential targets.
“I’ve got to know the players’ potential, how far they are from that and how they can build or rebuild – and put my views into the club.
“How we want to look in a year or two, what kind of players we need and want.
“It is about what kind of personality to look for. It’s about finding players with the Man United identity and DNA,” Solskjaer admitted.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On