Argentine Legend Diego Maradona has asked to be given access to his country’s national team before their last match in the group stage of the World Cup against Nigeria.
Argentina are on the brink of elimination from the 2018 World Cup, and this will be confirmed on June 26 if they lose or draw against Nigeria in Saint Petersburg.
”I played with my life whenever I got the Argentine shirt,” Maradona told Telesur.
”Legends like Simeone, Redondo, Ruggeri, Olarticoechea, Caniggia, Filol, Luque and Gallego did exactly the same.
”I want to be able to talk to the players and make them understand what it means to wear the national shirt.”
The former Argentina midfielder has refused to blame Lionel Messi for the team’s problems at the World Cup.
”As everyone today blames Messi, I have to say that he played as he had to play and as he could play.
“It is difficult to solve your teammates’ problems,” added Maradona.
Croatia have already booked a place in the knock out stage, while the Super Eagles, Argentina, and Iceland are fighting for the remaining spot.
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash