The victory which was sealed in the first-half by Rashford’s 2 strikes puts United 5 points clear of Jurgen Klopp’s team in second place.
United discovered that all they needed to do was to cut off the supply line to Salah, Firmino and Mane, which saw the Liverpool midfielders dominated by the hosts.
Liverpool’s forward players made it easy for United because none of them was ready to drop deep & go in search of the ball.
With lots of teams interested only on attacking these days, Jose Mourinho’s approach was a reminder of the significance of a good defensive plan & the fact that Liverpool’s goal was as a result of an Eric Bailly own goal underscores the success of United’s approach.
Paul Pogba’s absence from the Man United team because of an injury he sustained in training on Friday may have been perceived as a negative by Mourinho, but the Frenchman’s absence eventually worked in favour of the home side.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed