Lionel Messi and his national team colleagues in Russia have demanded that coach Jorge Sampaoli be fired before their final Group D match against the Super Eagles on June 26.
According to Todo Noticias TV channel, the players are disgruntled by the actions of Sampaoli in their surprise 3-0 loss to Croatia last night.
Argentina have not been eliminated from the World Cup but their fate is right now hanging and they are praying that Nigeria beat Iceland today to increase their chances of progressing to the round of sixteen.
Though the performances of Messi, Sergio Aguero, Willy Caballero and Enzo Perez against Croatia have been condemned, they have put the blame on Jorge Sampaoli who got his strategy wrong.
”Footballers do not want Sampaoli to coach them in the last match against Nigeria,” a source in the Argentine Football Association said.
The two-time world champions, who were held to a 1-1 draw by Iceland in their World Cup opener will play Nigeria at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg next Tuesday.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight