If the report of a possible ‘coup’ within the Argentina squad to oust Coach Jorge Sampaoli is anything to go by, then the crisis situation might just favor the Super Eagles of Nigeria.
The Argentine coach is being said to be under the hit and he could be fired before the Nigeria game.
Lionel Messi and his team are in crisis after they drew 1-1 with Iceland and lost dismally by 3-0 to Croatia.
They have to beat Nigeria in the final group match, but Sampaoli might no longer be on their coach come Tuesday.
According to TyC Sports, Federation President Claudio Tapia told Sampaoli that he no longer has any control over the players.
There is every probability that Sampaoli will resign, get the sack or continue on until at least the match against Nigeria.
There are suggestions that Sampaoli will make massive changes for the Nigeria match, including a move to four at the back and bringing Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuain into the starting XI with Leo Messi and Angel Di Maria.
The most notable difference is dropping goalkeeper Willy Caballero after his howler against Croatia, starting Franco Armani.
Likely Argentina line up against Nigeria: Armani; Salvio (Mercado), Otamendi, Rojo, Tagliafico; Enzo Perez, Mascherano, Banega; Messi, Higuain, Di Maria
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win