Lionel Messi ‘s wife Antonella Roccuzzo has traveled to Russia to see her husband’s crunch game against Nigeria tonight from the stands in the midst of rumors of a marriage crisis.
Roccuzzo has watched Argentina’s poor World Cup matches from her home city of Rosario, in the Argentinian province of Santa Fe so far but has traveled to St Petersburg for tonight’s game.
The Albiceste face Nigeria in a crunch match at the Saint Petersburg Stadium, with Argentina needing a win after drawing with Iceland in their opening match and losing 3-0 to Croatia in their second outing.
The South American media had reported a crisis in Messi’s marriage after his wife at first refused to travel to Russia to support him at the World Cup.
Roccuzzo has denied the crisis rumors, saying she stayed back in Argentina to see her family.
She said: “I did not go because I have very young children and because it was scheduled like this. Moreover, I want to enjoy some time with my family who I am not going to see until December.”
And she has now traveled to Russia to support her husband in the crunch tie.
Argentina needs to beat the Super Eagles in their final group game and hope Iceland fail to win Croatia, who could rest players having already qualified, to progress to the round of 16.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win