Nigerian Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi has escaped a plane crash after a FA Cup replay away at Newport County.
The Chelsea legend and the other Middlesbrough players were at risk, as the club had to call off their flight home from Newport County as the plane was grounded due to engine failure.
According to Footballlive, Mikel was among the Middlesbrough players.
The officials of the English Championship club called off a flight that would have taken the squad for their next league fixture.
At a time the football world is still in mourning following missing flight saga involving Cardiff City signing, Emiliano Sala.
Mikel and other members were forced to about-turn on the Cardiff Airport runway, following their 2-0 FA Cup defeat to League Two, Newport County.
They then re-boarded the team bus and returned to Middlesbrough by road, meaning the team did not return until 7am, with the players having to sleep on the way home.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On