The Gent winger was at the Hive Stadium on Thursday and underwent a series of scans as his international teammates were sweating it out in their penultimate workout before the friendly against England.
A Nigerian Federation insider told reporters that ”Simon is finally out of the 2018 World Cup and he is unhappy that he won’t be traveling to Russia with the Super Eagles squad.
”The scan performed on Thursday confirmed he will be out for three weeks. Simon just left the Super Eagles hotel and said he is going to Belgium.”
There are 25 players with the national team in London at the moment and coach Gernot Rohr must drop two more players by June 4, 2018.
The Nigerian squad will leave their hotel for the Wembley Stadium shortly for their final workout before their friendly against England.
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed