Lionel Messi is debatably the greatest football player alive, and indeed, the most expensive soccer player in the world, and with that far-fetched success comes tremendous wealth. Now let’s take a quick glance at how Lionel Messi spends his millions:
- Messi is the second-highest-paid sportsperson in the world, and the highest-paid football player, according to Forbes, after boxer Floyd Mayweather and ahead of his rival Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Even with his insane wealth and popularity, he’s is one of the most private people in the world of soccer.
- He drives a $200,000 car and lives in a nice house, but the rest is a mystery.
- He has made $111 million so far in 2018.
- He signed a new contract in 2017 which pays him over $80 million annually.
- He makes an additional $27 million in endorsements.
- He has signed a lifetime deal with Adidas
- He also has deals with Gatorade, Mastercard, and Pepsi, among others.
- Messi is so dear to Barcelona that if he ever leaves, the club that buys him will have to cough out an $835 million buyout.
- Messi lives in a house in Castelldefels, a mountain village, remote of Barcelona.
- He still owns and maintains his childhood home in Argentina, even though no one lives there any longer.
- Messi is still more than ever close to his mother and he’s good friends with Barcelona partner Luis Suarez.
- He’s known to take the irregular private plane, like when he went to the Ballon d’Or gala in Zurich.
- He wedded his long-time girlfriend Antonella Rocuzzo in 2017.
- They both grew up in the same town in Argentina, and their families are friends.
- They have three kids together.
- The children are now a staple of Barcelona trophy celebrations.
- We get the intermittent glimpse into his fulsome side, like when he wore a polka-dot suit to an awards ceremony.
- He does enjoy a sumptuous vacation now and again.
- As well as opportunities to meet world-famous musicians and other famous athletes.
- He did make headlines for a less charitable grounds, however, when he was found guilty of tax fraud and ordered to pay a fine.
- But unlike other modern athletes, he’s not enthusiastically concerned with using his personal life to grow his brand. His Instagram is for the most part totally plain with pictures of himself relaxing with family, teammates, or his giant dog.
- Messi’s everyday life is often contrasted with his on-pitch rival Cristiano Ronaldo’s, who is known for taking pleasure in the spotlight.
- Football News2 days ago
Available Arsenal Shirt Numbers For Ziyech, Zaha & Umtiti This Summer
- Transfer News3 days ago
Man Utd Ready To Swoop For Classy No.10 With €120m Asking Price
- Transfer News2 days ago
£113m Attacker Likely To Join Liverpool Or Spurs This Summer
- Football News3 days ago
10 Players On Jurgen Klopp Exit List For Summer Overhaul
- Transfer News2 days ago
German Free Transfer Emerges Arsenal’s Petr Cech Replacement
- Transfer News1 day ago
Liverpool To Replace Xherdan Shaqiri With Villarreal Star
- Football News1 day ago
FIVE Arsenal Academy Players Who Could Save The Gunners MILLIONS
- Premier League News2 days ago
The 7 New Rule Changes Coming To The Premier League – Good Or Bad?