There are only 13 fixtures in World Cup history that have been played at least five times up until the last tournament in Brazil, with one taking place six times and two of them seven times.
However, the vast majority of those comprise teams that having played in at least 10 World Cups, and a lot occurred when there were far fewer teams competing in the tournament.
Four of Super Eagles of Nigeria‘s five appearances so far have come when there were at least 32 teams in the competition, making their number of meetings with Argentina all the more amazing.
Below are the Most played World Cup fixtures:
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender