Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr said on Monday that Ahmed Musa’s top form could help Nigeria in their final Group D game against Argentina at the FIFA World Cup, FourFourTwo.com reports.
The former CSKA Moscow forward scored both goals for the Super Eagles in their 2-0 defeat of Iceland on Friday.
“Musa made wonderful, fast attacks and scored these goals with his wonderful technique. I saw him in the training [at CSKA Moscow] and he was fighting to come back to the rhythm, working very hard. I hope that the confidence he has now will help all the team to make a good result tomorrow against Argentina,” Rohr told reporters.
Nigeria, who have three points after playing two group-stage games and are second in Group D, will play against the South American side in St. Petersburg on Tuesday. Argentina are bottom of the group with just a point from their first two matches.
The 2018 FIFA World Cup started on June 14 and will end on July 15, with matches being played in 11 cities across Russia.
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash