Super Eagles forward Ahmed Musa had some pretty exciting things to say after inspiring Nigeria to a 2-0 victory over Iceland on Friday.
The result gave Lionel Messi’s Argentina a big boost up as it means they can still qualify for the round of 16 even though they failed to win their opening two matches.
However, Musa feels that he is bound to score against the Albiceleste because whenever he plays against Messi he finds the back of the net.
“Whenever I play against Argentina, or whenever Messi is playing against me, I score,” he told BBC Sport.
”Four years ago I scored two goals. When I transferred to Leicester City and we played against Barcelona I scored another two goals, so I think in the next game anything can happen. Possibly, I’m going to score another two goals.”
There is some history between the Albiceleste and the Super Eagles, as the two teams have met four times in World Cups with Argentina winning all four games.
Their most recent showdown was in Brazil in 2014 when Argentina won 3-2 with Messi and Musa both scoring twice and Marcos Rojo grabbing the winner.
- Shock Name To Replace Ole Gunnar Solskjaer At End Of Season
- Super Eagles striker Odion Ighalo Launches £1m Orphanage Home In Lagos
- Esperance of Tunisia Officially Welcome Junior Lokosa
- Trent Alexander-Arnold & Gini Wijnaldum injury updates before Crystal Palace BAD for Liverpool
- Chelsea Great Petr Cech Announces Retirement
- Stamford Bridge stadium Face Closure As UEFA Opens Disciplinary Proceedings For Alleged Racist Chants
- Vandals Attack Former Super Eagles Captain Kanu Nwankwo, Cart Away Medals
- Man City Boss Pep Guardiola Reveals How He Will React If Liverpool Win The Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Hits At Jose Mourinho, Calls his Man Utd Tactics ‘Stupid’
- 2019 AFCON Trophy: Rohr Begs NFF to Give Him The Right Support To Win