A training session held on Tuesday saw Neymar hobble out, setting alarm bells ringing in the Brazil camp as they prepare for their second World Cup group match against Costa Rica on June 22.
The spokesman for the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF), Vinicius Rodrigues said, “Neymar came out of training today with a painful right ankle.”
He put the knockdown to the number of fouls the Paris Saint-Germain star received in Sunday’s 1-1 draw against Switzerland in Rostov-on-Don in Brazil’s opening Group E outing.
Neymar had not taken part in training on Monday, as the side returned to their base in Sochi on Russia’s Black Sea coast.
Rodrigues said the problem is about Neymar’s ankle and not the foot he fractured in February, an injury that forced him to miss the rest of the club campaign.
“As soon as he felt the pain he went to the physio. He will stay there for today and tomorrow (Wednesday) morning, and will train as normal tomorrow,” added Rodrigues.
Brazil are expected to travel to Saint Petersburg, where they will be playing Friday’s game.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight