News have filtered in over the former Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) scribe, Taiwo Ogunjobi death.
The energetic Secretary-General and the incumbent Chairman of Osun State Football Association (OSFA) Taiwo Ogunjobi was confirmed dead on Monday.
A close associate and the Media Officer of Osun United, Tunde Shamshedeen, in an interview said it was shocking to hear Taiwo Ogunjobi dies; the man fondly called “Skippo”.
The Chairman, Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN), Lagos chapter, Debo Oshundun, also described his death as unfortunate, adding that Ogunjobi was full of life the last time he saw him.
“Taiwo Ogunjobi dead?! This is so shocking to me, and it is sad that we are missing him at this critical time. The last time I saw him, he was full of energy and healthy, so his sudden demise is quite shocking,” he said.
Tunde Abidoye, a Max FM, sports presenter, described Ogunjobi’s contributions to sports as “unparalleled”.
“His contributions to football development in Nigeria is unparalleled, right from the time he was in the saddle as the Secretary-General of NFF. The football community will miss him greatly for his efforts,” he said.
For Ibadan-based Sportswriter, Geo Oluwafemi, Taiwo Ogunjobi’s death was a sad one and unexpected.
“I was in the stadium today for the NNL friendly games while the news came in that Chief Taiwo is dead, I couldn’t believe it, but since it has been confirmed, I don’t know what to say again. Taiwo Ogunjobi dies?
“We will miss his fatherly advice to us whenever he comes around. It is such a sad loss,” he said.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On