With the tussle for control of The Glasshouse now unfolding every week between the Amaju Pinnick and Chris Giwa faction, some stakeholders were unanimous early Thursday that preparations for the Super Eagles’ game away to Seychelles are already being hindered.
After playing away to Seychelles on September 7, Nigeria is expected to return to face Libya at home a week later, which means the Eagles have less than four weeks to prepare for two crucial games, but nothing yet appears in place.
Airing their views of topical football issues, the stakeholders warned that the Eagles might be on the verge of missing AFCON for the third edition running, saying that the NFF crises are distractions for the players, coaches and officials.
One of the stakeholders expressed grief during a radio programme in Lagos:”I fear for our chances of qualifying for next year’s Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, because nothing is yet in place in terms of preparations.
“I wonder who will arrange for the Eagles’ camping and allowances. Who will give consent to Gernot Rohr’s list? Who will the coach even report to?.
“These are salient issues we have to settle immediately, otherwise it will be doom for Nigeria again at AFCON 2019, which would be the third time running that we will not qualify. God forbid.”
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash