The Nigeria Football Federation president, Amaju Pinnick says Nigeria have a team for the future, following the fine showing of the ‘B’ Super Eagles team in a friendly against Atletico Madrid in Uyo on Tuesday for the GOTV Max Cup.
Even with losing the game 3-2 to the new UEFA Europa League champions, Pinnick is excited that Nigeria team ‘B’ put in a great performance.
“The result is not what mattered, what mattered was that we have been able to show the world that we have a solid youth team that is capable of taking over from the present squad going to the World Cup next month,” the NFF president told the organization’s website.
“I am very happy because our big mission statement on assuming office was to build a sustainable football culture for Nigeria. From what we have seen, our future at the senior national team level is secured.
“Given what we are doing at the youth level, with our U-13 and U-15 programs, it means that the supply chain is strong enough to sustain even the junior teams, from where the senior players will emerge.
“We are confident that from the preparatory plan that we have put together for the Super Eagles leading to the finals in Russia, and having taken care of off-field matters that may cause a distraction, the team will do Nigeria proud in Russia.
“Looking at the team that just played Atletico Madrid, it gladdens my heart to see that after Russia, we certainly have the players that will also do us proud in 2022 and even 2026.”
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash