In today’s crucial 2019 AFCON qualifying tie between the Super Eagles of Nigeria and The Pirates of Seychelles in Victoria, SC Paderborn of Germany left-back, Jamilu Collins and Bordeaux’s Samuel Kalu look set to make their debut for the Nigeria national team.
Both players have been quite impressive in training and are among the four uncapped players in the Nigeria squad for the match.
Collins looks certain to start at left-back in the encounter, while Kalu could be deployed on the right flank, barring any last minute changes by coach Gernot Rohr.
In defense line, Leon Balogun will partner Kenneth Omeruo while Bryan Idowu who trained at right-back could be deployed in that position.
In midfield, Rohr is spoilt for choice as he has a tough call to make from the pool of Ogenyi Onazi, Oghenekaro Etebo, Wilfred Ndidi, John Ogu, Kelechi Nwakali as well as Joel Obi.
It’s unclear at the moment if Odion Ighalo will return to the starting line-up after losing his place in the team. Ighalo who is on a nine-game goal drought last time out was subbed on in his last two matches for the Eagles.
- Seychelles vs Nigeria: Kick-off Time, Venue and Date
- Nigeria Vs. Saudi Arabia Friendly Canceled, To Face Liberia Instead
- NFF Disagree with Rohr Over Super Eagles Squad for Seychelles game
- Rohr names 24-man squad for AFCON Seychelles qualifier, Kelechi Nwakali Called Up
- Kada City Winning Plateau United Was No Fluke – Shola Collins
- Barcelona Fans Vote Striker They Want To Replace Luis Suarez
- Chelsea To Hire Steve Holland As Interim Boss If Maurizio Sarri is Sacked
- Europa League Draw: Arsenal And Chelsea Last 16 Fixtures Out
- Manchester United Vs Man City: Premier League Confirms New Fixture Date
- Liverpool’s Four Premier League Fixtures For April Rescheduled
- Chelsea Transfer Ban: 4 Other Premier League Teams To Face Transfer Ban
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed