Following the agreement signed in February, LaLiga and the Nigerian Women Football League organized a preliminary meeting with the goal of initiating collaboration between both entities.
According to Vanguardngr, the meeting took place at the LaLiga headquarters in Madrid and was attended by Pedro Malabia, head of LaLiga women’s football; Aisha Falode, president of the NWFL; Timothy Timisire, commercial and corporate strategy director of the NWFL and Javier del Rio, director of the LaLiga office in Nigeria.
The main objective of the meeting was to gain a better understanding of how LaLiga is developing women’s football in Spain and to learn about the development and future of the women’s competition in Nigeria.
The agenda discussed aspects related to initiatives targeted at raising visibility, marketing strategies, and economic growth targets.
Delegates from the African competition also expressed a special interest in understanding the structures of the Liga Iberdrola clubs, for which Pablo Mantilla, director of the Valencia Foundation, and Marina Gassent, coordinator of the women’s section of Valencia CF were also present in the meeting.
The agreement, signed in February, outlines the intention of promoting women’s football in both countries through the exchange of marketing intelligence and strategies and the implementation of actions devised to boost visibility and awareness.
Another objective is to incentivize women’s access to sports management, and also drive greater cooperation in the development and implementation of corporate social responsibility actions that promote gender equality and the integration of women not only in football but also in other sports.
The signing of this agreement shows both institutions’ commitment to maintaining the sustainable development and growth of women’s football both in Spain as well as in Nigeria.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected