Odion Ighalo has joined Shanghai Shenshua from another Chinese Super League side, Chanchung Yatai.
Shanghai Shenshua confirmed the Super Eagles forward on their Twitter handle.
A statement on the official Shanghai Shenhua website read: “Shanghai Greenland Shenhua Football Club and Changchun Yatai Football Club reached a transfer agreement, Nigerian striker Odion Ighalo has officially joined Shanghai Greenland Shenhua.
“Odion Ighalo was born in Lagos, Nigeria on June 16, 1989. He is 183cm tall and weighs 80kg. He is a striker.
“In 2017, Ighalo joined Changchun Yatai in the Super League and scored 36 goals in 55 games in two seasons. In the 2018 World Cup in Russia, Ighalo played all three group matches on behalf of Nigeria.
“The joining of Ighalo will effectively enhance Shenhua’s frontcourt attack and enrich the offensive means. With two seasons of experience in the Super League and working with current coach Flores, Ighalo will be able to integrate into the team as quickly as possible. Looking forward to his new season, he will help Shenshua to win more victories.”
The 29-year deal will be joining his former EPL coach from Watford FC, Quique Sánchez Flores.
Ighalo will be making his debut for Shanghai Shenshua against Shanghai SIPG when the CSL season resumes on March 1.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On