Super Eagles star Ogenyi Onazi is reportedly going to be sidelined for about 5 months with a broken Achilles which he suffered during Trabzonspor’s Super Lig game against Rizespor on Sunday night.
Onazi was stretched off the pitch after only 32 minutes following the injury he sustained.
The injury could keep him out for as more than 5 months and that could spoil his chances of representing the Super Eagles of Nigeria at next year’s Africa Cup of Nations.
Ogenyi Onazi inujred during today’s match against Rizespor in Turkey. Reports say achilles broke and Onazi won’t be able to play until end of season.
— Gary = (@garyalsmith) December 23, 2018
According to Gary Al Smith [BBC Sports] :Ogenyi Onazi inujred during today’s match against Rizespor in Turkey. Reports say achilles broke and Onazi won’t be able to play until end of season.
Next year’s AFCON will kick off in June and initial diagnosis could rule out Onazi’s chances of getting in the Nigeria squad for the tournament.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected