Former Super Eagles captain, Austin Jay Jay Okocha has piled praises on Coach Gernot Rohr for accepting criticisms and changing his tactics which lead to Nigeria’s victory over Iceland this evening.
Okocha spoke on Supersports after Nigeria’s 2-0 win over Iceland and noted that it is difficult for coaches these days to accept criticisms, but with Rohr doing that, he should be celebrated.
Okocha had held Rohr responsible for the 2-0 loss to Croatia in the first match for lack of having a creative midfielder and urged the German coach to play Iwobi in the midfield.
In his word “I think I am a little better now. I was a bit nervous going into this match, but I must commend Coach Gernot Rohr for accepting criticisms and changing tactics for this game. It is difficult for coaches these days to accept criticisms, as they always prefer to stick to their plans, but his change of tactics has granted Nigeria victory.”
The Eagles started the game against Iceland slowly and made a record of being the first team in the 2018 World Cup not to have a shot at goal all through the first half of action.
But they came out a different side in the second half, recording four shots on target, converting two in the process.
Musa is now the first Nigerian player to score a brace in two FIFA World Cup matches.
Nigeria will play Argentina in the last group match in St Petersburg on Tuesday, 26th June, while Iceland will trade tackle with group leaders Croatia in Rostov-on-Don.
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On
- Liverpool Crown Paints Shirt: See What This Designer Did With It
- Jurgen Klopp Opens Up On Injury Setback Ahead Of Man Utd Clash
- Liverpool Fans Disappointed With Salah In Bayern Stalemate
- Chelsea List For Potential Maurizio Sarri Successor Formed
- A New Manchester United Captain May Have Been Found – Who Is It?
- Francis Uzoho Banned And Fined $1000 In Cyprus
- Liverpool Line Up Tonight Vs Bayern In Champions League Clash