Paul Onuachu has come out to say he is waiting patiently for his first invitation to the Super Eagles and hopes it will come before the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
With a record as Nigeria’s current top scorer in Europe, ten league goals from 16 games, same as last season in 22 matches, the FC Midtjylland attacker believes he has done enough to attract a call-up.
Onuachu said he is patient, but admitted he hopes his chance will come in the nearest future.
The 24-year-old, who is best remembered for a deafening goal against Manchester United two years ago in the UEFA Europa League, said he will just have to keep doing well in order to earn a look in.
“I believe I will get my chance soon all I have to do is to keep scoring goals and I will and that will no doubt make it hard for the coach not to invite me.
“My main focus in on doing well for Midtjylland and hopefully I will get a chance to show fans of the Super Eagles what I can do,” the FC Ebedei of Shagamu product enthused.
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight
- Liverpool Agree Deal With Paul Glatzel
- Champions League 2018-19: Man City Lineup V Schalke
- Unai Emery Explains What Mesut Ozil Arsenal Future Depends On