Nigerian musician, Paul Nonso who is the twin brother of Peter of the P-Square fame, took to his Facebook page and blast Super Eagles fans for calling team players all sort of names after losing their opening game against Croatia in the ongoing FIFA World Cup in Russia.
Paul posted: “Nigeria lost to Croatia and all hell breaks loose but star players in Argentina could not beat Iceland, Germany could not beat Mexico, even almighty Brazil couldn’t even beat Switzerland.
“Nigerians would curse and abuse their players cause we lost to Croatia. We Nigerians are the problem of this country, yes, nobody wants to be defeated but we should be encouraging the players and not abusing and cursing them all over social media.
“A typical Nigerian cannot even encourage you not to give up if you failed once.”
Pundits have however assured that the Super Eagles have a chance to redeem its soccer image and revive Nigerian’s hope on the team to reach at least the knock out stage of Russia 2018 FIFA World Cup.
Nigeria will lock horns against Iceland in their next match on June 20. Iceland had held tournament favorite Argentina to a deserved 1-1 scoreline during their group D opening game.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight