Paul Lambert has said that Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo still deserve to be regarded as the best two players in the world.
However, despite the Liverpool winger netting 43 goals in all competitions this season, Lambert says that the PFA Player of the Year winner still has work to do in order to match Messi and Ronaldo.
The Stoke City boss is quoted by PA as saying: “The season he’s had has been phenomenal but I still think the best players on the planet are Ronaldo and Messi.
“The reason I say that is because they have done it season after season, but I don’t think anybody could have predicted the season Salah has had.”
When asked about the Ballon d’Or, the 48-year-old added: “He must be in the running, but again, he’s in an era with those two in front of him, so it’s incredibly tough.”
Salah possibly will feature when Stoke faces Liverpool at Anfield on Saturday.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight