Christian Cueva’s missed spot-kick, which was awarded by the Video Assistant Referee [VAR], came back to haunt Peru as they lost 1-0 to Denmark on Saturday.
The World Cup Group C clash sprang into life when Denmark’s Yussuf Poulsen brought down Cueva in the area just before the half-time whistle. After VAR deliberation, the midfielder stepped up but he played the ball over the bar from 12 yards.
Poulsen redeemed himself by scoring the winner in the 59th minute following a counter-attack to put Denmark level on points with France right now at the top of Group C.
- Man City Provides Injury Update Ahead Of Carabao Cup Final Vs Chelsea
- Klopp Hails Return Of Van Dijk As Liverpool Arrive Training Ahead Of Man United Clash
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash