Philippe Coutinho’s potential switch to Manchester United has hit the headlines severally as the surprising saga of this January’s transfer window.
Coutinho completed a £142million move to Barcelona this time last year to fill the void left behind by Neymar and Andres Iniesta.
Things haven’t quite gone to plan for the former Liverpool midfielder, who is struggling for regular game time and has fallen down the pecking order at the Nou Camp.
The Brazil international’s problems were recently compounded when Barcelona boss Ernesto Valverde told him to improve his performances.
Coutinho has remained silent over his future, as Manchester United are seemingly keeping track of his situation.
Spanish publication Mundo Deportivo claim the Brazilian isn’t too keen on leaving the Catalan giants just yet.
That doesn’t rule out the idea of joining Manchester United, but that he does have a condition that must be met before he’d consider it.
Mundo Deportivo reports that the Brazilian wants to be given time to try and make things work at Barca before quitting.
That is to say, he wants his choice of staying at Barcelona to be respected by other clubs before he decides for certain to leave Spain.
This means that a January move is definitely going to happen unless the Red Devils come in with a sensational offer and Barca agree to it.
If the former Inter Milan and Liverpool star’s situation hasn’t improved by the end of the season then it seems Coutinho would be open to a switch.
- Rohr to Retain Alex Iwobi As Super Eagles Playmaker For 2019 AFCON
- Arsenal Injury, Suspension List, Team News Ahead Of Manchester United Clash
- Tottenham To Sign Free Agent Former Man United Striker To REPLACE Harry Kane
- Court Stops Arrest Warrant Against Amaju Pinnick, Four Others
- Rohr to Return Lokosa to Super Eagles For AFCON 2019 After Esperance FC Move
- Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr Rules Bench Warmers Out of 2019 AFCON
- Kanu Nwankwo’s Medal Were Not Stolen From His Hardley Apartment – AMCON
- Solskjaer Reportedly Targets Exciting Attacker Deal, Man Utd Fans Hope He Isn’t Another Depay
- Why Liverpool Must Be Mindful Of Crystal Palace Peril In Anfield Clash
- Barcelona set price for Philippe Coutinho to Man Utd transfer & it’s lower than expected