Fernando Santos has named his 23-man Portugal squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and as you would have thought the star name among the stellar list of players named is Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, who will be hoping to motivate his national team to more tournament glory after they won the 2016 European Championships.
Ronaldo is joined in the squad by a host of familiar names in the world of football including his former Real teammate Pepe, while Manchester City’s Bernando Silva has been named in the squad after helping his club side romp to 100 points in the Premier League season on English soil.
Jose Fonte, Ricardo Quaresma, Joao Moutinho, Bruno Alves and Andre Silva are another star quartet named amongst the 23-man squad, but there is no place in the list for Nani, Andre Gomes, and Nelson Semedo.
Portugal will play in group B alongside former World Cup winners Spain, Morocco, and Iran.
- Adam Lallana Could Leave Liverpool If This £90million Man Is Signed
- Chelsea FC, Liverpool FC Eye Lilian Thuram’s Teenage Son Khephren
- Court Orders Former Super Eagles Star Austin Okocha’s Arrest
- CONFIRMED: Suarez Starts in Arsenal 4-3-3 Line-Up For BATE
- Zinedine Zidane Rejects Possibility Of Replacing Maurizio Sarri
- Jordan Henderson Reveals Jurgen Klopp’s Plan For Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Arsenal v Bate Borisov: Emery Confirms Return Of Two Players For Clash
- Manchester United v Liverpool: Dejan Lovren To Miss Clash
- Kalidou Koulibaly Agent Provides Man Utd Transfer Update On Defender
- Chelsea Trio To Miss Malmo Europa League Clash Tonight